BENGKUNG Modern Postpartum Belly Wrap
This variant is currently sold out
Neutral | Support | Thread loops
Bengkung is the ancient Malaysian art of belly binding using a cloth abdominal wrap to promote faster recovery and provide support to a mother’s body during the postpartum period. The modern postpartum wrap is based on a traditional design, but has extra thread through loop holes for ease of use.
This style gives 360 degree support to assist the abdominal wall muscle retraction, improve posture, stabilize loosened ligaments, and provide support to the torso while vital organs return to their pre-‐pregnancy size and position.
During the wrapping process, the mother is customarily given a massage with a herbal oil are applied to further facilitate the healing process. We recommend using of our Ayurvedic balancing body oils. This method of belly binding has increasingly become a holistic alternative to waist training garments and girdles more common in Western cultures.
Reported benefits include:
- Provides postural support for the torso and organs as they return to pre-‐ pregnancy position.
- Aides in restoring abdominal wall and diastasis recti recovery.
- Prevents and relieves shoulder and back discomfort.
- Reduction of excess fluid and air in the abdominal tissue and cells.
- Improves circulation.
- Decreases the length of postpartum bleeding.
- Provides physical comfort and support.
- Stabilization for ligaments.
- Prevents slouching while nursing your baby.
How do I use?
Belly binding can easily be done alone or for extra benefits have a trusted support person help you with massage and binding.
This form is the easiest to use as it has thread through loops that guide you to be able to bind easily without tying any knots. We recommend this type of bengkung for those who prefer a more simple and user-friendly approach to belly binding.
Traditionally, herbal pastes are applied to the abdomen prior to wrapping, as these can be messy it is convenient and highly effective to use herbal medicated oils as an alternative. Our organic Ayurvedic oils were formulated in consultation with a global leading Ayurvedic practitioner to optimise recovery.
Each Bengkung comes with its own calico bag for easy storage. Additionally we supply a step-by-step brochure with each bengkung.
What is the best oil for postpartum usage - how do I know which of your oils to choose?
Yes there is a general healing oil - we always recommend Vata oil for postpartum. The herbs and oils in this oil are very grounding, restorative and repairing for a women's skin and nervous system postpartum. The key priority for postpartum care is to calm the Vata.
After women give birth, no matter what their original constitution is, they are high in Vata due to the space left in their womb. When you combine all the lost sleep, loss of fluids and disturbance of digestion - you can see why calming is important. As such it is highly recommended to use nourishing oils and warming foods, and reduce Vata deranging actions - including the intake of cold foods, stimulants, travel, and exposure to wind.
What makes IBU AYURVEDA bengkungs unique?
- Both styles of the IBU AYURVEDA bengkung are gentle and free from restrictive and painful shape‐wear boning.
- The structural support extends beyond the waist to the ribcage and hips.
- The material is unbleached cotton or Batik hand-died, which is soft, breathable, non-toxic and durable for hours of comfort.
- The bengkung adapts to your personal shape.
- Comes in a variety of traditionally dyed colours. IBU AYURVEDA supports women in developing nations by going above and beyond Fairtrade practices in the traditional manufacture process.
- Please contact us or email email@example.com for further information.