B E N G K U N G Modern Postpartum Belly Wrap
This product is currently sold out.
Unbleached cotton | Simple | Thread loops
What is the Bengkung?
Bengkung is the ancient Malaysian art of belly binding using a cloth abdominal wrap to promote faster recovery and provide support to a mother’s body during the postpartum period. Our modern postpartum wrap is based on a traditional design but has extra thread through loop holes for ease of use.
This style gives 360 degree support to assist the abdominal wall muscle retraction, improve posture, stabilize loosened ligaments, and provide support to the torso while vital organs return to their pre-‐pregnancy size and position.
During the wrapping process, the mother is customarily given a massage with a herbal oil are applied to further facilitate the healing process. We recommend using of our Ayurvedic balancing body oils. This method of belly binding has increasingly become a holistic alternative to waist training garments and girdles more common in Western cultures.
Reported benefits include:
- Provides postural support for the torso and organs as they return to pre-‐ pregnancy position.
- Aides in restoring abdominal wall and diastasis recti recovery.
- Prevents and relieves shoulder and back discomfort.
- Reduction of excess fluid and air in the abdominal tissue and cells.
- Improves circulation.
- Decreases the length of postpartum bleeding.
- Provides physical comfort and support.
- Stabilization for ligaments.
- Prevents slouching while nursing your baby.
How do I use?
This form is the easiest to use as it has thread through loops that guide you to be able to bind easily without tying any knots. We recommend this type of bengkung for those who prefer a more simple and user-friendly approach to belly binding.
Belly binding can easily be done alone or for extra benefits have a trusted support person help you with massage and binding .Check out our instructional video on YouTube for an easy how-‐to-‐guide.
Traditionally, herbal pastes are applied to the abdomen prior to wrapping, as these can be messy it is convenient and highly effective to use herbal medicated oils as an alternative. Our organic Ayurvedic oils were formulated in consultation with a global leading Ayurvedic practitioner to optimise recovery. After women give birth, no matter what their original constitution is, they are high in Vata due to the space left in their womb. As such it is highly recommended to use nourishing oils and warming foods, and reduce Vata deranging actions including the intake of cold foods, stimulants, travel, and exposure to wind.
Each Bengkung comes with it's own calico bag for easy storage. Additionally we supply a step-by-step brochure with each bengkung.
What is the difference with the IBU AYURVEDA bengkungs?
- Both styles of the IBU AYURVEDA bengkung are gentle and free from restrictive and painful shape‐wear boning.
- The structural support extends beyond the waist to the ribcage and hips.
- The material is unbleached cotton or Batik hand-died, which is soft, breathable, non-toxic and durable for hours of comfort.
- The bengkung adapts to your personal shape.
- Comes in a variety of traditionally dyed colours. IBU AYURVEDA supports women in developing nations by going above and beyond Fairtrade practices in the traditional manufacture process.
- Please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.