Belly Binding with Ibu Ayurveda Bengkungs
Bengkung is the ancient Malaysian art of belly binding using a cloth abdominal wrap to promote faster recovery and provide support to a mother’s body during the postpartum period.
For detailed answers to EVERY question you could have about the bengkungs, please read our Guide to Bengkungs here.
Both of postpartum wraps are both based on a traditional design that gives 360 degree support, but please read out guide to learn more about each type and care instructions.
Reported benefits include:
- Provides postural support for the torso and organs as they return to pre-‐ pregnancy position.
- Aides in restoring abdominal wall and diastasis recti recovery.
- Prevents and relieves shoulder and back discomfort.
- Reduction of excess fluid and air in the abdominal tissue and cells.
- Improves circulation.
- Decreases the length of postpartum bleeding.
- Provides physical comfort and support.
- Stabilization for ligaments.
- Prevents slouching while nursing your baby.
This method of belly binding has increasingly become a holistic alternative to waist training garments and girdles more common in Western cultures.